Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bear/Bare Facts ...

When you live a mile off of a main road, you can hear company approaching, assuming they arrive in a car...

Yesterday a.m. I was getting out of the shower when Natureman came to tell me that he was heading out to do chores. I kissed him bye since I would be heading out as soon as I dressed. Still dripping wet, I was working on my hair when there was a loud banging noise... there it was again, like two fists banging on the patio doors in the front of the house. Oh my, something must be really urgent. There was the banging again... either Natureman's hands were full and he needed me to open the door/ I had to hurry out to see something.

As I raced toward the front of the house with my hands outstretched with the gesture of like 'what?' my towel dropped when I reached the doorway before entering the great room to view across the room at the front glass doors a body the height of Natureman with his face pressed against the window, hands cupped above his eyes, peering in. It took 30 seconds to realize that this figure had a long white beard and was wearing a straw hat. EXPLETIVE... I am butt naked with an Amish guy staring into the house.

I let out a shriek, back step and scream for Natureman. Scurrying to the closet to grab something to throw something on, thinking all the while - Where's IS Natureman? He must be in the garage still putting on his boots and missed the arrival of the Amish fellow who has come to work on the barn.

To say I was embarrassed would be an understatement. It could be said that the Amish fellow got an eyeful to say the least.

Well I hurriedly get dressed, planned a quick escape to avoid the guys as they're down in the barn. Now, if I can just sneak out without seeing them. As I am backing out of the garage up come the guys from the barn. OH doo doo, now I have to wave and acknowledge their presence. AND Natureman has no clue what has transpired. He would have to wait for the story. I nonchalantly waved and drove on.

So do you think our Amish friend told his friends?
This is what we awoke to this morning.


JUST KIDDING...
and you thought my life was dull here in the End of the Rainbow Valley ...




1 comment:

  1. You should never admit it's a lie, that was too precious of a story. Left Brain was picturing the whole scene...and smiling! What a hoot! Great story.

    ReplyDelete