Thursday, August 9, 2012

Need Mowing?

There is one thing that is a guarantee if you receive rainfall and that is that your grass is going to need mowing. AND If your yard is in need of mowing, I saw the perfection solution as I headed towards the town of Bangor today. What do you think? I have heard of horse power but cow power?
These calves look like they are doing a pretty good job and you don't even have to pay them. They really aren't slaves even if you have noticed the chains tethering them in place. Well you wouldn't want them eating your favorite flowers, would you?
I didn't think so.

I have mentioned that our land is 'au natural.' Translated it doesn't look like a suburban maintained landscape and 'Natureman' insists that he doesn't need to mow more often. Fortunately Sam, the eldest, mowed for us after the accident or heck you never would have found us. After my 3 week absence from the Valley that became super apparent in our mile long driveway. I even received a postcard from UPS saying that they couldn't deliver a package due to 'incorrect' address. Gee, the UPS guy couldn't even find us due to the overgrown weeds. OK, that's bad. We are tucked away but I do want to get in and out without an ATV ... Natureman obliged my mowing request and did get on the riding lawnmower this past week to uncover the road. I think we might need to borrow those calves...

You know our goats are our pasture 'lawn mowers' as they are 'browsers' by nature. The problem is that they have been known to polish off new growth of young trees/bushes besides the grasses if they get out of the pasture. For some reason just like people they think that the other side of the fence is always greener, even here in the End of the Rainbow Valley.


1 comment:

  1. I agree, there's "back to nature" and then there's disappearing into the yard.

    ReplyDelete