Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now...

One of the things that broke in the rollover accident was my favorite pair of glasses that got tossed and pitted by all the windshield glass. This blog entry isn’t really about that I needed new glasses, ok? By now you know me, 'Think process.'

These Barcelona made Etnia frames had become my trademark so I am not only remembered for my curly hair, but also being the one with the red checkered glasses. Much to my chagrin those frames are no longer made in the same beloved red. I even super glued them for a temporary fix until they could be replaced. My search for a new pair was aided by my favorite Milwaukee optometrist, Lupe, from Innovative Optiques. I mention his business because if you live in north shore Milwaukee you know him and those that don't, should. He is one of the last of a dying breed... a people person who knows what looks best on each of his clients. As soon as Lupe heard about my dilemma, he quickly hand picked and shipped '10' pairs of frames my way. OK let’s be honest, how many businesses will hand over a couple thousand dollars of merchandise, ship them at no charge to a customer with no credit card/cash up front? AND 10, I repeat - ten pairs no less.

The next step was the decision making where friends and anybody who wanted to would voice an opinion to help me narrow down the choices. Lupe is that good to know not only what I would like in addition to what would look good on me... I really did like all the frames.

Since I also had been having headaches since the accident I figured that maybe my eyesight needed to be checked. When I returned to Little Rock, my concerned Dad got me an eye appointment with a leading ophthalmologist. I figured I'd maybe get the appointment sometime during my 3 week stay. Never did I fathom being ushered in within a couple days.. Can you imagine getting in in a big city anywhere besides a mall location? (The doc had been one of my Dad's students.) It turned out that my prescription was 'way' off. Really bizarre.

Equipped with a new prescription, I called Lupe’s office and provided the 'script with the frame choice. I now have new glasses thanks to 'so' many's input.
I love these glasses all the more due to all 'that' help and I can see clearly now here in the End of the Rainbow Valley and wherever else my travels may take me...


1 comment:

  1. I love them- they are so YOU. Sounds like you have some good connections with many men in your life!

    ReplyDelete