Monday, May 14, 2018

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GOOD COOKS

One blessing we have is to be surrounded by many good cooks  and my waistline is definitely reflecting this fact. 

We were treated to a magnificent Mother's Day buffet. My eyes became full just trying to capture the entire buffet line. The cook insisted she didn't want anybody to bring any additions and when you see her menu you'll understand why.

One could have made a meal out of the appetizers which included deviled eggs, cheese dip with olives, cheese platter, homemade pita bread and hummus.

Here's my memory with the help of a couple of photos because every time I looked there was another dish coming out of the oven...

On a banquet table there were crockpots filled with bacon, ham, sausages, spaghetti marinara with chicken, and cheesy potatoes.  Followed by the oven island with an egg bake, 3 cheese green beans, salmon, gluten free potatoes, flank steak, blintz casserole with apples, tzimmes (sweet potatoes and prunes), French toast bake, spinach quiche, brussel sprouts, Scotch eggs, Israeli salad, fruit salad, fluff salad and a pickle and olive plate, granola and yogurt. I'm sure I forgot some things...


Scotch Eggs- egg wrapped in sausage
breaded & fried












I was so satiated by dessert time my eyes almost couldn't take them all in but I remember cinnamon rolls, apricot coffee cake, a yellow coffee cake, a cake and a magnificent 3 ice cream Yodel Bombe.

pièce de résistance: Yodel Bombe



Preceding this exquisite buffet line this week my neighbor after being without an oven for 4 weeks had to work out her baking frustrations once the new oven arrived. We were treated to a breakfast her grandmother used to make called Pannu Kakku  accompanied by Valya ( a fruit compote) which was super yummy.


It disappeared before I could even take a pic. 

I've included these 2 recipe links as you should indulge too/ at least share these with friends who enjoy trying new things.

Finnish Oven Pancake

Berry Sauce

Since there were extra blueberries left over we also received a Blueberry Cake the next day.

Here's my suggestion whether or not you like to be in the kitchen,  just make sure you have at least one buddy who loves to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment