Tuesday, May 29, 2018

SURPRISE #2

I don't know about you but I find keeping a surprise really taxing. Besides the element of time of how long the secret has to be kept there's also the factor of how many others know the secret and can keep it. Well, the addition of another family member, Irv's youngest son, Simon, was also to be part of our family reunion and celebration surprise. 

Simon has been living in Indianapolis and recently became engaged (yea) in addition to accepting a tenured track position closer to home at my old alma mater U of Iowa.  Due to decision making of when his move would happen and other commitments, a long road trip seemed to be an impossibility.  Well, thank goodness for a reasonable early flight Simon could be part of our gathering unbeknownst to his Dad. (Unfortunately, his intended couldn't take off from work.)

Anyhow, Tuesday a.m. I used errands as a true reason of my daughter and I needing both cars. This way I could meet not only meet Simon at the airport but also leave him with a car to be able to get some work done during the day and surprise his Dad that evening at our Simchas Galore gathering.

Well, Natureman didn't even notice the absence of the second car. He had gone with the rest of the household to go on an Amish country tour and when he returned the garage door was closed. So far so good.

He was indeed overjoyed and surprised to see Simon that evening...















I can't tell you how wonderful it was having another member of the flock home. Not only did Simon surprise his Dad but got to see old family friends in addition to family members and meet his newest niece. 



Not only was the house full but so was my heart...  Surprise #2 fait accompli. 





No comments:

Post a Comment