Thursday, January 11, 2018

TBT: EL FIN


For those of you who have followed my FFA (Fabulous French Adventure) from last July this is el fin. Yep, the end where we fly out of Figari, Corsica's southern most airport back to Charles De Gaulle Airport in Paris. 

For convenience('s) sake I had picked an airport hotel as we had spent our entire first week 'in' Paris. We would just need a place to rest our heads, eat dinner and have breakfast before our late morning overseas flight. The airport train dropped us off at our 'space' themed hotel two stops from the airport and it was like we were in Disney. You may think I'm kidding but take a look.



The hotel's exterior was super contemporary and its interior was decorated in space graphics.






Figuring out key systems had been part of our learning curve in elevators and hotel rooms...
Do you swipe/ hold or insert?


Even our beds had special moon lighting and the star galaxy bathroom wallpaper was out of this world. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)


Finished 3/4 of it and yummy pommes frites 
And I realized after 'finally' ordering Steak Tartare for dinner, the infamous raw meat dish I had never tried, the Fabulous French adventure was complete:  gastronomically, artistically, architecturally, historically, geographically, botanically, I was sated. 


So, now we've come full circle as this all started with our memorable airport  departure story. (link below)

Au revoir France and the hugest of thank you's to my Milwaukee teaching buddy Sally who was responsible for me taking this trip. It all started when she asked if  I would like to go with her to France, a trip that was never even a blip on my radar... 




Thank you Sally as these memories will forever be part of me as I continue my life back here in the End of the Rainbow  Valley...




*To see last week's TBT in Corsica: Here's the link: CORSICAN BLUES

**Beginnning of Fabulous French Adventure:COUNTDOWN

*** AIRPORT SAGA 

No comments:

Post a Comment