Wednesday, September 7, 2016

ALL LIGHTS ARE GREEN: READY, SET, GO

Awoke to no internet Wednesday and since I had received about 6 emails in the last couple of days asking me to authenticate my email account/ otherwise have it terminated, I feared the worst. Had my computer been hacked and crashed?

As it so happens, I hadn't replied nor opened those emails but it was a scary half an hour as I waited on the modem to reboot and then decided to check our cable connection. We had had some pretty severe rainstorms last night so maybe everything was out...

After calling our phone company's computer service line by 6 am, mine wasn't the first call received and the tech thought cable should also be notified. BINGO there was an issue with an update internally. OOPS.

What a relief to see all green connections on that modem later in the day! Seriously, both computer and tv withdrawal is not a pretty picture. Besides, as we all know a blog entry needed to be posted from the End of the Rainbow Valley.  



1 comment:

  1. Green is such a good color. I know we're lost without internet...even the slow beast we are putting up with right now. It will be nice to settle down in a couple of places and (hopefully) have fast, reliable internet again.

    ReplyDelete