Wednesday, August 24, 2016

ANGRY AS A BEE IN A BONNET

All my hair doesn't even fit in the photo...
Alas, all the last two weeks of plans almost worked except for the haircut at the Minneapolis salon, the Hive, which specializes in curly hair. Long story short (the story is definitely shorter than the hair): After a 3 + hour ride towards the Twin Cities, my appointment was cancelled  just 40 minutes short of the destination. The haircut emergency had been I was heading home South that Friday to surprise my Dad for his birthday. Southern Translation: Humidity and Heat= really BIG hair.   
Logo borrowed from public FB page

Background:  I had previously received the Hive Salon's email reminders for clients of hair prep instructions, appointment time and 24 hour cancellation policy with a possible 50% fee charge. To say I was not treated in the same way the business expected to be treated is an understatement.

I was not a happy camper and wasted no time returning the Hive's phone message.  The receptionist apologized and simply said there would be no openings until the following day. I explained that was not possible, I had spent the previous night close to the Cities but what they 'should' do was call if someone could fit me in. After I hung up, I discovered my ride actually was going out of her way to drive me to the Cities at this point. This was a no brainer, head back to La Crosse with her.

Wouldn't you know an hour closer to home my phone rang and 'miraculously'  there was someone at the Hive who could squeeze me in? Why hadn't that possibility been checked/arranged before their cancellation call? Besides distance, I had by this time canceled dinner with a niece and lodging with a friend. I was P.O'ed and not in the mood to backtrack albeit my friend offered to turn around. At this stage and mood, I figured I wouldn't be satisfied with the haircut.  "Would I want to reschedule?" asked the receptionist. Seriously, would you?

So dear readers, now two weeks later I have never received an apology email/ phone call from my stylist to be, Becca. (one of the owners no less), so you get the venting.

AND if you happen to go to the Hive/ know anybody that does, you can tell them about the gal living in the End of the Rainbow Valley who's no longer angry as a bee in a bonnet but super disappointed that she hasn't been able to wear her hair down for most of these 2 past weeks since she doesn't have a Hive and as it turns out Wisconsin has heat and humidity too!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post, but I wish you'd shared how you really felt! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the height of rudeness and so sorry it didn't work out. Maybe this was a cosmic message to just keep your hair the way it is...some of us love it and don't want to see it altered.

    ReplyDelete