Tuesday, May 31, 2016

DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY...


I  actually got to visit with some folks during cocktail time after the ceremony. It was so great seeing family whom I haven't seen forever. Once we went up for dinner I must admit I spent a lot of time either watching/on the dance floor. Our family has always taken the King and I's tune "I Could have Danced All Night and ... Still Have Begged for More" approach and this wedding would be no different.

The Wedding Couple definitely made a grand entrance after their wedding party made their appearance... 


The couple worked the floor


for their first dance as Mr. and Mrs. Fisher. Smooth and OK I admit being dreamily teary...Ray LaMontagne's 'You Are The Best Thing.'




This wedding night our kids are all grown up and have a new life dance partner...

BUT I can envision them as little kids dancing on their parents's feet/ practicing their moves ... 


This evening Evan and his Mom danced together to Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Simple Man.' Super sweet. These two have a special bond.  She raised a good man.


The Father-Daughter dance was to the first song Lori's Dad had sung to her as a baby and many, many times throughout the years: Doo Wah Diddy Diddy... 

The Wedding Couple using the napkin to connect the two...


And, of course, there were the traditional Jewish horas and chair lifting. 

Parents too. My cracked tailbone felt no pain as I enjoyed my daughter's wedding.


My 90 yr old Dad worked hard at physical therapy
to be here for  this very special dance.

Perhaps the most special of all the dances for me on the Bride's dance card was seeing my Dad with his granddaughter, the Bride. It was a cherished and much anticipated dance with an equally proud Pappa Sherman.  He not only recuperated from his week long intensive care time some 3 months before but with determination and rehab made the trip without a walker/cane.  Amazing.


One shenanigan the Bride and Groom did not know about happened after toasting. It was a surprise dance with female members of the families.  Adam Levine's 'Sugar' video was inspiration to niece Becky. (You see Adam and his band take one day to surprise numerous wedding couples on their wedding day by their attendance and performance.) No, We couldn't get him & his band BUT Becky and I had worked on choreography when I was back in Little Rock in December. Then Becky and her friend Diane finished the moves... We had one joint rehearsal with the entire gang and a decision was made to just perform the first half and free style the remainder. (It wasn't so easy to master the email videos) Anyhow this is how it ended up. DWTS might have to wait but we had a great time learning it for Lori and Evan. (Thanks Josh for this home video.) Hope you are you ready for the prime time dancers! And if you have a copy, do share. Click on the LINK to:SURPRISE FAMILY DANCE

We not only COULD have danced all  night/danced the night away, we did.

5 comments:

  1. I love the photos and narrative and almost feel like I was there! I agree, I'm not usually much of a dancer but danced all night at our son's wedding a couple years ago. Such fun. That photo of your father and daughter dancing together is very touching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we could just bottle it all up for rainy days... Thanks JuJu Bean.

      Delete
  2. What happiness! All great pictures -- the best of your Dad and Lori. She'll remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. It was a magical evening and I am appreciative of all who took photos to capture these moments.

      Delete
  3. What a tender moment for your dad to share with the bride...good memories all around were made that day.

    ReplyDelete