Wednesday, May 18, 2016

ALL DRESSED UP... AND SOMEWHERE TO GO

 Tell the truth. Do you recognize the girls below after hair and makeup? Once a princess, always a princess.
 Make up and hair complete,  it was time for us too to get on our wedding garb and finish our princess transformation.  

Once dressed, I would be able to help my daughter the bride with all those buttons. So off I went while the Bride was finishing up in the make-up chair. One problem, I needed somebody to zipper me up. A quick call to Rabbi Aggie. Whew luckily she was available to come zipper me up!  


Upon my return, there beyond precious were the flower girls in their white princess dresses with rhinestone embellished satin waist ties. Hair ribbons from their Godmother Lori crowned their adorableness... 

Jessica at selfie



Jessica doing selfie with twins
                                           
Jessica & Eva



                                                                          Bridesmaid Jessica wins for the best selfies and she first captured the twins with her while I used their selfie op to catch their hairdos from behind.                                                                                                    




Meesh & Jessica





Jessica & Elisa
One very happy MOB
A little aside... Unknowingly the same day as the girls would be deciding their dress choice, Lori had given me a thumbs up for my dress which turned out to look like it was from the same designer the bridesmaids ended up choosing. 

Lo and behold both my dress and the girls's had the same lace. Yet, theirs was one shouldered but the identical color and mine did have sequins. A little MOB glitz. Well, yeah. Pretty unbelievable to be so coordinated. The Bride had a plan.


OK, back to buttoning the Bride's dress. 
 I don't think anybody thought about how long it might take to fasten all 43 buttons (according to the chief flower girl's counting.)  With a special hook in hand, I rested after a couple dozen as the photographer helped me with a couple until my fingers uncramped...  After a brief reprieve, I finished my button task and we had a bride. 

She was whisked away by the photographer. 

We all soon followed behind in the elevator for our last selfie together. 
                                           TOP row L to R: Rachelle, Meesh, Cere &Veronica
                                           Next row: Elisa, Eva & Sara,
                                           Bottom: Jessica & Yours truly

Have you ever seen an elevator full of so many happy folk before? Time to head out for photo time in the park. 

*Special Thanks to Jessica, Elisa and Joe for your photo additions

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Bride, Beautiful MOB and beautiful pictures. There's nothing like your child's wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I've worn anything that zipped up the back. Very beautiful dresses - you all look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant! Magical! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete