Monday, April 18, 2016

RECOVERY & STEAM PUNK

It's been 2 weeks since my fall and time has been a good healer. I am definitely moving much better and my intake of Aleve has diminished. I've heard it may take months for a tail bone to heal.  Avoidance of picking up anything more than a couple of pounds hasn't been easy, but doable. Traveling with the 'Kabootie,' the coccyx designed pillow was a godsend. Also limiting computer time and not sitting any longer than necessary was made easier as my usual traveling companion, the laptop, didn't go to Atlanta and the preceding week off was important so I didn't sit more than necessary. 

On to catch up time.

First, let me share my early Mother's Day gift. The kids treated me with a ticket to see Atlanta's Cirque du Soleil. The last Cirque show I saw was 'Water' in Las Vegas many moons ago. If you haven't seen a Cirque du Soleil show, your eyeballs and senses will all get a workout. 


We grabbed a bite before the show in the adjoining mall so we could park in its ramp and walk to dinner in the adjacent big top for the show. 

We had amazing seats to enjoy the steam punk musical, choreography and costumes of very talented acrobats and jugglers.

 Did you know all their performers must go through training in their corporate head quarters in Montreal? I had just assumed they chose seasoned performers. 

Cirque du Soleil's creators have quite a job in their set designs. The steam punk usage of a train theme kept all enthralled as a miniature track encircled the stage. A giant net like trampoline was erected during intermission. Height for all the acrobatic moves never ceases to amaze the spectators. One act had the same balancing scene upside down from the tent's ceiling. Amazing. Don't worry I won't be trying any of these death defying moves. Heck as I found out I can't even walk down a wet front stoop without falling! :)

This Atlanta Cirque du Soleil show will end the first weekend in May in case you will be in the area. Treat yourself and your family to theater brought to a very different level. 

  

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Steampunk is intriguing. Went to a Purim night costume wedding (my friends Barbara and Hanoch, in NJ) and the best costume was steampunk. I'd never heard of it before! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Pesach! Hugs, Aura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you're on the mend. I've never seen one of these performances, but their ads and previews always blow me away. One of these days. I'll have to add this to my bucket list, since that list has greatly diminished over the years...which is a very good feeling.

    ReplyDelete