Monday, March 21, 2016

IS THAT A COSTUME?

My daily wardrobe has become pretty boring since I am not teaching anymore. There are just not very many reasons to not wear jeans. But I have always been one of those who is game to dress up especially if we are talking 'come in costume'.  So when an opportunity arises such as a holiday such as the festival of Purim which requires a costume, I welcome the challenge.

Folks tend to either like/not like to go through the motions of deciding on what to be and creating an outfit. It was my Dad that passed on this 'costume' love. Growing up in our household there were numerous costume parties. 

My Dad even taught us kids to use burned cork as black charcoal to create facial hair from beards/sideburns to heavy eye brows/ bigger eyes. Although I didn't need the makeup look for my outfit this past weekend I did wear my costume to the carnival. Only 5 others dressed up for the Purim carnival this year. Isn't that sad?



Here' my little friend Maya dressed up as a Bee and her brother the Doc.

Fortunately friend Jen caught  Maya's family friends as Dr Seuss characters.







AND me... See if you can figure out what my costume was.






First word clue. Yes, this is a two parter : What's round and you eat it?  No, not a donut. It's not a dessert. More info, you can put cream cheese on it. Got it?
Check out my necklace which has 2 of these
Second word clue: What do you need a key/ combination to open?
Well, I have 2 of these on my necklace if you look closely. Go ahead zoom in. Now make it plural. There are more than one.

If for CLUE 1 you guessed Bagel and for 2 Locks.  Put them together. YEP  that's right, I was 'Bagel & Locks.' 

Hey, you're never too old to dress up. Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. And here I thought you were going for the "bag"el lady look. It is sad that so few dressed in costume, that's what makes Purim so much fun.

    ReplyDelete