Tuesday, January 5, 2016

NEW TOY FOR THE MISSUS

Don't get all excited thinking I got a iRobot Ro-mba or something similar to help with household chores. (Altho' my nephew was supposed to hook me up with one during his recent internship.)  

Nope, I got something totally unrelated. Drum roll please... a new jewelry accessory and NOT a new charm for my Pandora bracelet but the FitBit Flex Activity & Sleep wristband in red, no less.  

It even accompanied me on my unexpected trip home as I figured someone could help me set it up there. AND sure enough, I did get the needed tech help. I thought I'd get into the habit of wearing it.

Even though I didn't make it to Jazzercise during this visit home, thank goodness I had the opportunity to hoof it at a near by church with its own track. After two miles the FLEX band started vibrating and flashing. Had I won the lottery? NO. But when the wearer hits 10,000 steps, the suggested daily requirement, the wrist band lets the wearer know they've hit their daily step quota. Kewl.

Mine is the basic model without all the 'bells and whistles' info on the band, just the lights. I have no clue how this technology works but the wrist band is synced with my phone so I can check there to see how many calories have been burned, miles walked, walk's duration  in addition to recording exercise. You can fill in your diet but I'll skip that part. It not only tells how long one has slept but also how many times one has awoken/ was restless during the night. Cool, huh? /TMI?

You can even buy a set of bands in glorious colors. Anything to keep the wearer interested, right? 

No matter what, I know I'm starting off 2016 trying to get off the couch more often as the midwestern wintertime makes me want to hibernate. I could just sit, read and veg watching HGTV. Anything to not have to go outside. 

I didn't make a resolution to lose weight, just to be more active this winter. We'll see how long a vibration on the wrist will keep me motivated. It can't hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I've got the clip on kind and after a long period of time not using it, just charged it up again and will start wearing it to pickleball and the like. I'd love to get 10,000 steps a day to work off some of this fat, but I fear I need to cut back on some of my unhealthy snacking habits as well.

    ReplyDelete