Thursday, November 19, 2015

TBT: Ain't it Good to Know You Got A Friend?

As my visits back home to Arkansas became more and more frequent due to my folks's deteriorating health, I feared overstaying my welcome with family. As James Taylors's song You've 
Got a Friend lyrics state one just has to 'call'... 'when you need a helping hand' and don't I know how blessed I am to have so many 'good' friends.

Yes, I have mentioned some of these wonderful souls before but their generosity and my appreciation can not be overstated. Staying elsewhere and not alone in a hotel allowed me not only time away from the situation but also companionship. Even on the many nights I returned exhausted and crashed almost immediately, they understood.  
elementary school friend Kaye

These friends from different periods of my life in Little Rock have made sure I ate/ had shelter/both.

Jefferson Elementary, Forest Heights Junior High, Hall High School...


junior high and high school friend Chris


high school friend Lou Ann
             










and from my adulthood days in Little Rock-
Lil Bit's Mom Ellen,
(sorry missed taking a recent pic Ellen)

Martha Lou








A big shout out and thanks to you all for helping me preserve my sanity and have more energy for the next day. To these folks and my brother Marc and all his family who shared their space. xoxo. Love to you all. 

Even if I can't reciprocate all these folks's kindness as they might not head to the Midwest, you can rest assured I will pass it on... 


YOU"VE GOT A FRIEND

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to know there are good people everywhere you go. It had to be much nicer staying with people you care about instead of a sterile hotel room.

    ReplyDelete