Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Guess Who's Coming to Town?

I bet if I gave you a couple guesses of who's coming to La Crosse, you probably wouldn't guess who'll be here tomorrow. That is unless you live here since it's been all over our local news.

It's not Melodie Gardot, a Canadian singer, someone I have wanted to hear in person for a long while now.  It's someone who did just deliver an 'amaz'ing speech this past week and sang from his heart. 
Madison's Capitol
Other La Xians helping to get out the vote
I actually saw this political persona in Madison in October 2012 after helping to register to vote folks waiting in line to see this person. 
 Volunteers were given special clearance to enter a designated area to hear none other than President Obama when he delivered his campaign speech. There were no seats, standing room only and we waited what seemed like an eternity for a short person amidst  armpits. 

The 2012 Madison crowd
Honestly, I thought about standing in line to get tickets to hear Obama speak here on Thursday and then I remembered the Madison crowds.  Nah, I have heard this wonderful orator and Our President. 

Or was it worth not waiting in line and calling up our Congressman Ron Kind's office for a ticket?  

No, I am p.o'ed at our congressman for being instrumental in getting other Democrats to agree on giving Obama fast track authority to negotiate the Trans Pacific Trade Agreement.

A person has to have standards, right? 

So while Obama is giving his spiel about his economic development package to the thousands crowded in the University space on Thursday, I'll read about it later. You see, I don't think I could get any closer to seeing the man in person than 2012. 



 Although I am not happy with everything President Obama has done, I certainly appreciate more folks in this country having health care as he has shown we can provide health insurance and shrink the deficit. Obama has proven 'trickle down economics' are wrong again, the government can kick start a clean energy revolution, we can regulate Wall Street without killing the stock market and we should give diplomacy a chance. Most recently I appreciate our President for speaking up about racism in this country. We as a country have a lot of room for improvement.

It's too bad Obama has had a Congress who has worked against him instead of with him but in spite of that here is a link to a list of his accomplishments while in office: 291 Accomplishments and Citations

For those with tickets to hear Obama, enjoy listening to our bright, charismatic Commander-in-Chief in person. I certainly did...





No comments:

Post a Comment