Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Kosher Blue Flake Special?

Heaven knows what I was thinking assuming that the majority of the housework and cooking had been accomplished by Thursday midday so why shouldn't I treat myself to a manicure?  My cuticles looked rough and in need of some attention.  

Instead of my usual practical French manicure (clear light pink with off white tips) I opted for a color. I chose Sinful Colors color called Why Not. Preciously what I had thought, why not get my nails done? You've got to admit it, it is a great color.


My nails had long dried before I returned home and re-entered the kitchen to work on a couple more recipes. First the carrot soufflé followed by the eggplant kugel. I had washed my hands 3 or 4 times in between the two recipes. The eggplant recipe called to boil the eggplant slices for 20 minutes until soft and then mash them. Well, since I didn't have a potato masher I used my hands and added most of the recipe's remaining ingredients. I know, yuckola, right? As I was scraping the mixture into the casserole, I happened to look down at my hand and noticed my forefinger's nail polish was half gone. Oh dang. Maybe it had just lifted up and was bent over. As I attempted to smooth the nail's surface it was apparent that the polish had not only lifted but was gone. I scoured the counter top, sink area and realized that the polish piece may just be in the eggplant mixture. Would I be able to retrieve it?  I took a fork and gently started separating the mixture, section by section. 

Lo and behold there in the bland color mix was the turquoise piece of nail polish, I had found it in tact no less. With a sigh of relief, I thanked my lucky stars it wasn't my usual neutral French manicure color which would have blended in and never been found. As I rinsed my hands again, I realized  most of the other the fingernails's polish was lifting. It was a no brainer to peel it all off before continuing cooking. I have a real good hunch there's a reason this polish is called Sinful Colors and I'd be willing to bet it's definitely not Kosher for Passover... Never a dull moment at holiday time here in the End of the Rainbow Valley...

1 comment: