Thursday, March 12, 2015

Something's Fishy...

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted a new recipe so for those that like to try something new this is different. I have a large bottle of fish sauce in my refrigerator door that has just been waiting to be used again so of course when I saw this recipe from recipes.com,  my interest was piqued.

Here 'tis:  Thai Fish Sauce and Lime Chicken (I swear)
I had the fish sauce, fresh limes and chicken... so it was a go. We really enjoyed it served with brown rice and broccoli.  Hope you like it as much as we did here in the End of the Rainbow Valley!


Ingredients


4    6-oz skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 
1/4 t salt 
1 T canola oil  (olive oil)
1 c fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth 
3 T sweetened chili sauce 
2 t fish sauce 
1/4 c fresh lime juice 
1 t creamy peanut butter 
2 T chopped roasted peanuts  (I used pistachios)
Lime wedges to garnish (optional)

Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pounding them to 1/2-inch thickness .

Sprinkle chicken with salt.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. ( I wrapped cooked chickie in foil and place in toaster oven on warm)


Add broth, chili sauce, and fish sauce; bring to boil, scrape pan to loosen browned bits. 

Cook until broth mixture reduces to 2/3 c (about 4 min). 
Remove from heat; add lime juice and peanut butter, stirring until smooth. ( I did thicken with cornstarch)

Serve sauce over chicken; sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.





No comments:

Post a Comment