Thursday, January 29, 2015

As Michael Buble Croons, I Wanna Go Home...

It's time.  I wanna go home, home to 'Da Rock. 



It's only been a month since my last visit home, BUT and there's that but, a lot has changed in a month. And I am not just talking foliage as winter will be on its way out in Arkansas with pansies planted and daffodils emerging... 

You see this visit I won't be heading to the house on Grant Street but rather to the nursing home which is my Mom's new home. It's with mixed emotions as I know this is the best place for her to be, yet, I know this is not rehab and a temporary visit but rather really is her home. She won't be moving back to Grant Street.

My brother painted the older, yet very conveniently located facility, Alzheimer floor as depressing with a description right out of the movies. "The nurses were visiting in the common room and the hallway was lined with its patients sitting in their wheelchairs."  I've decided I'm just going to expect that scene and then be thrilled to discover anything different.

Perhaps when I arrive my folks will still be enjoying one of the nursing home's daily programs of an afternoon musical concert. My Dad made some comment that he was going to go back to take her. And I inquired, "wouldn't someone there take her over? " Oh sure," he replied, "but this way I can roll her over and sit with her and hold her hand." That picture is pretty sweet. 

I'll be fine. She's fine. They are fine...

Here's Michael Buble's I Wanna Go Home 

No comments:

Post a Comment