Monday, December 29, 2014

Not Again, MIA


During the cold winter months when out door activities are limited here in the country, Natureman and I have resorted to a vacay type of activity, working on a jigsaw puzzle. It certainly fills the dark dismal winter days. You may remember me mentioning us setting up a puzzle table with 2 chairs for both of us to work on this project last winter.  But this year instead of the one1,000 piece puzzle, Natureman returned home one day proud as a peacock as he had bought a box that contained not one but four 1000 piece puzzles. 

Oh good, I had thought, 4 winters are taken care of now. Yet as soon as the box's first puzzle, a farm scene, was completed and sent off to a new home, I had barely breathed a couple sighs of relief when Natureman opened another one of those puzzles.
I wanted to throttle him. (Those sunless days can do that to a person living in the middle of nowhere.) 


See the missing piece?
This puzzle, a church scene, was really a challenge. I was so relieved as it neared completion when lo and behold it was more than obvious one piece was missing. Look to the right bottom corner of the church. I couldn't believe it. 

Deja vu. Remember one piece missing from last year's puzzle?  Anyhow, I went straight to empty the shop vac and when that proved fruitless, the upright vacuum cleaner. NOTHING. NADA, How could this happen again? 

The game table this year was closer to all those rescued potted garden plants. I scoured the floor around the closest plants, searched their foiliage, looking even in their watering plates, all to no avail. Two days passed and still no piece. Then, it came to me as I was deadheading, I had almost moved the potted dahlias now dormant out to the garage but after noticing new foiliage, moved the pot to another set of windows just to see if others would also start growing. Take a look.
   


Do you see anything besides soil and the new growth? 

Look about mid pot...





Here's a closer shot. Oh my,
there lay the missing piece, a little damp but ready to fill its
place in the puzzle to make the Church scene complete.


Unbelievable!





Ssh, don't tell but I have hidden the box with the remaining 2 puzzles. This girl needs a break. SO, who wants the Church Picnic  puzzle? It has 1000 pieces awaiting to be put back together again. 
Life is never dull here in the End of the Rainbow Valley and you too could share the excitement...

No comments:

Post a Comment