Thursday, July 24, 2014

Skunked, Again?

Anticipating cooler temps during the evening hours Natureman cranked open the windows. I requested the ceiling fans as there's some pyschological advantage to even warm air circulating in my mind. I also think it confuses/ blows gnats/ mosquitoes off course. 
Just my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Anyhow as I was plopping down to grab my ZZZ's, all of a sudden there's an odor. And I'm not talking a pleasant one. I look over at Natureman and said in a disgusted tone, "That's really awful." "What?" he oh so innocently replies.  I retort, "Seriously that smells just like a skunk."  Wounded, he asks if I think he could smell that bad and adds, "Maybe that is because it is a skunk."  Oh no! It dawns on me the dog had just had a serious barking session not long before.  You've never seen me move so fast as I jumped out of bed cranking the windows shut. 

I can't believe one of the things to do on my agenda when I get up in the am is to bathe a shedding stinky dog. You'd think Romeo would have figured out by now that slow moving black and white looking cat is really a skunk.  



-See I told you it's not always so peaceful right here in the 
                End of the Rainbow Valley... 

1 comment: