Monday, July 7, 2014

Home of the Packers...


I am not exaggerating when I say I live in an 'asportual' home. I have absolutely no clue who is playing for whom/ what game is on. In fact, the only time any game might be on our TV is when one of the boys is home.
Lynn's First Visit
So, you could say a visit to the home of the Green Bay Packers, Lambeau Field, might be lost on someone like me. Yet, when the appreciation party for the M.O.M. Mission of Mercy Free Dental Clinic volunteers was being held at Lambeau and we could arrive in Green Bay earlier than expected, Lynn, my friend and 'ride', expressed a desire to go.  Why not? 

Requested Attire: Packer gear, of course. But do you think I even had anything Green & Yellow in my closet? Nope. Thank goodness Lynn's son could lend us some gear. I wouldn't have a clue if people were staring at me for wearing the wrong player's jersey. 
Things aren't exactly quiet in the off season. If you didn't know Lambeau is under construction.  Packer fans are not hard to come by in this city nor state and they decided to support this major renovation...


Anyhow 600 volunteers filled the Lambeau Field Atrium for a buffet dinner, music and  even an auction.  The place obviously knows how to handle a crowd and the 6 food tables never had a line nor waiting. 


The wait staff refilled table water and cleared plates. Each guest besides having a yummy dinner was gifted one free beverage.
Note that great Packer shirt.


12 Volt Band entertained us













We were blessed by many sponsors for this entire M.O.M.  2-day clinic including our bar-b-que chicken/burger dinner with sides and music, not to mention the space for the appreciation evening.


 Even a Packer autographed football was auctioned off. I heard someone say the name was mispronounced but then corrected. Heck, if John Travolta can mispronounce Idina Menzel's name at the Academy Awards, it can happen to anyone and what would I know anyway? Anyhow a dentist from Eau Claire won the bidding on the signed ball by Datone Jones (Day-tone) who  I now know happened to be a first round draft pick 2013, defensive end. And no, I didn't bid on the ball. :)

What a terrific venue in M.O.M.'s host city for 2014.



1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to live in a home without the drone of football during the interminably long season. I've been to a Green Bay game with some friends and they just couldn't understand why I was not thrilled at the idea of being there. Hmmm...let's see, it's cold and I'm bored out of my mind. But, your event there sounds like it was a lot more fun than attending a game!

    ReplyDelete