Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Emptying the Bucket...

As I approach this special birthday and enter a new decade the realization hit me that not only is time shorter to accomplish the bucket list but good health is not always a given.  So many friends are starting to have health issues so I feel blessed that this past month afforded me the opportunity to check off 2 more items on my list. 

If I finish my list, does that mean my days are numbered? Oh yeah, it just means I am making the most of them.

Well, I feel super lucky to have had some calm waters to try out 2 'first' new boating adventures. You may have caught my posting about my first kayaking experience on Cedar Lake after the Green Bay trek. 

Then, not long thereafter we took a quick jaunt up to the Eagle River area.  The sun blessed us before our departure so I tried out paddle boarding with the expert assistance of the Sugar Camp paddle boating instructor who BTW has only had 2 students fall in. 

I had an excellent instructor.
Success getting on the board. 
Success going from the fours to to the knees.



And I am up...



 Once my toes relaxed and figured out that they didn't need to do the death grip to the board, it was much more enjoyable.  And off I went... 



Check. 


4 comments:

  1. Just create a new list when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrrr....now I'm going to need to try it again. I kept falling in, but also had nobody explaining what to do and the water was a bit wavy.
    Ham Lake is very shallow and calm - I'll see if I can find a board to rent somewhere nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea Queen Jester. I don't think I mentioned Natureman got wet. He turned too sharply.

    ReplyDelete