Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Appreciating the Little Things...

I don't know about you but we've been experiencing daily rainfall. Though I am thankful to not have to water every day, I am a bit sick of that precipitation and greyness.

It hasn't helped the bug situation too much either as they keep hatching. Everybody's complaining about them, not just me.  But the good thing is if another front is blowing in, the wind's strong enough that those pesty biting gnats are dispersed. OK never mind about those bugs. Winter didn't kill them nor the mosquitoes off is all I'm saying.

Today it took most of the day before the sun broke through all the clouds. But even in late in the day one really appreciates seeing blue skies with as much cloud coverage and rainfall we've received this past month. 

As everyone in this area will attest, the clouds have really been phenomenal. AND the colors, unreal. 







Are they gorgeous or what?




If it's going to rain so much it's nice when a rainbow/two are thrown in for good measure.  Here's that rainbow from Saturday night (thanks Cari for the pic) which of all things I couldn't see here in the End of the Rainbow Valley. You mean it can end other places? I am shocked...

                 
                            
                           


 




No comments:

Post a Comment