Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Leaks...


You think you’ve covered all your bases to keep a secret and then oops there’s a leak or two.  I have a lot of wonderful people in my life but a couple of them just have ‘loose’ lips. I just can’t trust them with a secret as they are just too honest. I can utter the words “please don’t tell …” and it’s like I said “Tell the first person you see.” I bet you know who those folks are in your life too.

I had less than 2 weeks with the knowledge of my daughter’s award for ‘Teacher of the Year.’ Of course I wanted to share the good news but didn’t want the news reaching her before Friday at 11a.m.  Lo and behold on Thursday there’s a leak with 24 hours to go. Quick get the inner tube patches to cover the leak.  I panic but realize that if she finds out I had done everything I could to keep the award a secret...  OK, the story’s still not quite over.

 Within a minute I discovered the Canadian sitting next to me on the flight from Chicago to Atlanta was heading to a Mom Bloggers convention of all things less than a mile from where I was staying in the same  Atlanta suburb so I offered her a ride if she was interested. 


Wouldn't you trust someone with these eyes? 

Besides I figured it would be great to have a co pilot and company. We had no problem talking nonstop to Atlanta. You know we were those people that never shut up on a flight. Anyhow once we arrived, I decided to get the car while she gathered her luggage. Time passed and she didn’t show. I called her to double check on her whereabouts and to see if maybe she changed her mind about the ride. I didn’t want to leave her if she was really taking me up on my ride offer.  Well she had had the luggage fiasco from Hell.  How could I leave her now? There I sat thinking about ending up in the middle of Atlanta rush hour traffic. NO fun.  Well at least I would have someone in the car with me to read the signs, right? Not exactly, as the problem was that my co-pilot wasn't familiar with Mapquest directions and she got flustered. Atlanta’s 6 lanes of highway are not the easiest to navigate unless you have nerves of steel.   We did make it to her destination thanks to my GPS and I dropped her off at her hotel in one piece.  I really did appreciate the company even if it was a bit harried. 

So why am I telling you all this?  Well, wouldn’t you know she wrote about the adventure in her blog mentioning my blog.  Two of her followers wrote comments on my blog. One specifically thanked me for giving their friend a ride in Atlanta.  Oh NO, what if my daughter decided to read that day’s blog entry and saw that comment. I didn't discover the comment until late afternoon. I deleted the Atlanta comment 'tan pronto como posible.' 

Sometimes it’s just not easy to keep a secret no matter what you do… The end of the story was that daughter Lori as you can see by the pic was clueless. Whew. The next leaks were those tears from both of us...


That's me hiding behind the flowers... another SURPRISE !
Here you can take a look at a 'real' professional blogger 's post: Schmutzie.com I can only aspire to have such a polished look from the End of the Rainbow Valley ...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad my post didn't kill your surprise! Also, thanks again for your generosity in Atlanta. Your kindness made my weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Schmutzie. May we always remember to pass it on...

      Delete
  2. Whew! I was afraid it was something I did and I was pretty sure I didn't say anything...but with my memory these days anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete