Tuesday, May 6, 2014

KISMET


Sometimes life gets you to the right place at the right moment and such was the case for my early arrival at the Milwaukee airport last Wednesday. Due to the last minute ticket purchase to head to daughter Lori’s surprise award ceremony the airfare out of La Crosse to Atlanta was so outrageous I opted for the lowest airfare which happened to be out of Milwaukee. Natureman being the kind soul he is, offered to drive with me there.

We left early Wednesday as soon as the animals were fed as I wanted to make a stop at a camera shop outside of Milwaukee to see about a repair.  Unfortunately they couldn’t help me and since it was too early for lunch, after refilling the tank, we just went straight to the airport.  It was a pleasure not to rush and just amble through the airport to the main flight board in the center of Mitchell airport. I glanced at the boards to confirm my gate and as my glance shifted down from the electronic board towards the passengers around me, there not even 10 feet away was my not only a familiar face but it was one of  best buddies since junior high in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I called out her name and watched as disbelief crossed her face. OMG.

Rita and I have been friends since we were thirteen 
We spent the next 10 minutes catching up. Rita had had a business meeting outside of Milwaukee and was heading home but not to Little Rock. Besides the fact she has returned to the retail business, the big news is that she has remarried.   She was so sad after husband Vic’s passing and I am so happy that she has found someone to share her days. She sold her Little Rock condo and now lives in Hattiesburg, MS. Well, I’ll be.  Isn’t that something? 

You have to believe that kismet was hard at work that day in the airport. What a wonderful serendipitous event!

No comments:

Post a Comment