Friday, May 2, 2014

FOTO FRIDAY: CREATIVITY

 Can you believe it is already  FOTO FRIDAY again?

Is the time going faster as we get older or what? 



Maybe our days are a different kind of full. One of mine recently was a day of much needed creativity promoted by UWL's integrated arts week involving students and the La Crosse community. 

Unfortunately, I was still battling the cough from Hell and was laying low keeping my germs in the End of the Rainbow Valley with hopes to rejoin the human race soon. Luckily for me I had a connection with the Art Methodology instructor who was kind enough to let me participate in her endeavors of the "Compassion" project in absentia.  White 6X6 canvases were to be decorated to represent compassion. The creations would then be displayed on campus. 

The project was so well received that the expected 100 possible tiles exceeded 500. Can you imagine the headaches created as to how to display that quantity in a limited set up time and space? The Compassion collection will be on display Friday May 2nd on the UW-L campus in the Ports O'Call room, Cartwright Center with a reception 4-6. A short program will be at 4:30. To encourage more community members to see this cooperative undertaking, I offered one of my photo note cards if visitors took a selfie/pic with my mini canvas. So here's a pic of my Compassion collaged 3-D creation.
                 
Cada persona tiene un montón de compasión para compartir.

Your FOTO FRIDAY challenge this week is to post a photo of something you have made. It can be an art project, a garden bed, food, etc... please add a few words about your creation. 
Have at it...

According to Jennifer she did this oil painting many moons ago...

She didn't say how many... impressive Master!
Friend Cheryl who exchanged all her worldly goods for the RV life has managed to still have room for creativity. 

Here's one of her cooking projects.  Our Thai reunion lunch must have put her in the mood for veggies and chicken stir fry.

And rainy days must have allowed time for taking out the sewing machine to create this mini quilt for a side table.



Colleen 's latest tale of creativity, 
Paint and Pour at the Pump
House with Jeannette S., recreates Starry Night by Van Gogh.

Heidi admits she likes making market bags and has no idea how many she's made over the years.
They're relatively quick and easy and she can use pieces of leftover fabric. Aside from getting the handles on straight, the design is flexible.




Chris is quite a knitter. She always has a project. Here is her very first own pattern.  How fun is this hat?! Very.

Friend Sue helped me find my Compassion 6X6 on the display panel on UW-L's  first floor in Graff in the Education office across from Human Resources offices. (Maybe Compassion is part of Human Resources?)  

* Link to UW-L article: COMPASSION PROJECT

If you want to see the 'best' uninvited guest check back at last week's FOTO FRIDAY:UNINVITED

3 comments:

  1. I will look for your compassion panel and do a selfie if I can spot it. I need to get down there to take some coordinates for a geocache I want to start at the Pump House but was waiting for this install to be over first. I like this category of creative and will send my photo early this time. I keep forgetting to do it if I don't sent it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking care of Schmutzie!!!

    ReplyDelete