Thursday, May 29, 2014

'Carnivorous' Locavore

I could fib and say we went out tonight to celebrate my friend Kaye's 60 birthday but the truth is Kaye lives in Arkansas and I've already eaten her piece of No Bake Watermelon Cake to help her celebrate in absentia... And from the looks of the Birthday food photos on Facebook these last 2 weeks, I know she's not only full but feeling the love. Happy Birthday Kaye!

So anyway 5 miles west of the End of the Rainbow Valley in Stoddard is a local eatery, Rocky's, famous for its fried cheese curds. 



Rocky's has added a cute courtyard out back for dining with tables and nice plantings. It definitely beats being cooped up inside, at least until the mosquitoes show up. Sweet. 



For summertime, Rocky's has a Wednesday special, a 1/2 lb burger for  $3. Add a $1 bill for a nice overflowing basket of fries and you are going home really full. 




It takes two hands to handle this grilled burger. I learned my lesson last time and immediately cut my burger in half this visit to take the other half home.   

Let us know if you'd ever like to join us on a Wednesday for a burger...




2 comments:

  1. Oh great, so now I'm feeling guilty for not showing up last night. Natureman's offer was sweet but we had both been too busy during the day and tired. Those do look great and perhaps when our company arrives next week we could bring them over to dine with you guys on Wednesday. Carol is quite fluent in Spanish and you two could have a conversation going and I'll try to figure out what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the raincheck and the evening together...

    ReplyDelete