Thursday, April 17, 2014

The word NO , Creates Demand...

Have you ever noticed there's something psychological about knowing you can't have something because then you want it even more?  

So it is with the removal of bread, specifically the leavening agent, yeast,  at Passover time.  But there's always a way around everything, isn't there?  Ya know, where there's a will, there's a way.

AND... if you use enough eggs you can fake a 'risen' look. I have to admit I usually go through at least 5 dozen eggs cooking for the Passover week.  It does seem like cheating. Hey, those Passover Bagels baking in the oven tonight do smell pretty good. 


6 eggs for this double recipe... Can we say cholesterol?
I bet the double batch won't all be there by morning...  'Can't wait for  bagel halves schmeered with cream cheese and tuna fish  for lunch here in the End of the Rainbow Valley... Thank goodness the girls are keeping up their supply with the demand. They know they get really good chicken garbage at Holiday time.

NOTE: Film makers will definitely be jealous of this video clip and my special chicken talking voice. Do notice my excitement as  Southern accent reenters my Midwestern twang. Special. So special.










1 comment:

  1. Perhaps I'll share your southern twang when I return, having been down here for a spell....oooops, there it is.

    ReplyDelete