Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Laugh and the World Laughs With You...

Friday evening there was just enough time to hit a movie after dinner and since I had seen most of the nominee movies, there was only one choice left at the dollar, ok $2 Cinema and it was " Last Vegas" starring some seasoned stars- Michael Douglas, Robert DeNiro, Mary Steenburgen, Morgan Freeman, Robert DeNiro and Kevin Kline. 



The premise of the flick is a bachelor party Vegas weekend with these 70 year old childhood friends from Flatbush. And it is a hoot. The groom played by Michael Douglas, a sworn bachelor, is marrying a much younger woman, 30 something (hmmm mirroring his real life??? ) Anyhow, these characters have some old and new baggage to unpack and I haven't laughed so much in a long time.

The clencher wasn't even on the screen... Let me explain. There is a tender moment in the storyline where the older lounge singer (Mary Steenburgen) plants a sweet kiss on one of the group (I won't spoil it by telling you which one) Anyhow, a young teenage voice comes from the girl seated behind me as she breaks the romantic moment  by saying to her friend next to her, "Ooh that's so gross, they are SOOOO old." That did it, I couldn't control my laughter. As my kids would say," I know Mom you almost peed in your pants." And you know what?  It was so funny, I almost did.

If you need a light, fun movie, don't miss this one. 'Last Vegas' will definitely put a smile on your face... I guess I should have bought this t-shirt I saw at the swap meet.



Treat yourself and put "Last Vegas" on your flick list to see. I will probably see it again with Natureman as I enjoyed it that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment