Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Enough Already!

OK I admit it, I have had enough.  I am so tired of the extreme COLD and yes, I know it's only January and yes, I know I live in the Midwest but there have been 20, I repeat, 20 days of below 0 weather.  Last year we had 3. Today we had another -25 degree today with the wind chill factor. That's just plain crazy.




It's been so cold that it broke the thermometer. I kid you not, take a look. The red indicator hand just jumped right off.


And so I did what any person in their right mind would do, I went on line and looked for the cheapest flight I could get towards warmer weather. And if this cardinal was smart, he'd come with me and fly this coop.



Hopefully if the stars are aligned today, I will depart for Arizona.  You probably caught that singular pronoun I.  The cardinal wasn't interested in leaving nor was Natureman who said the cold wasn't that bad and that he didn't need to go anywhere. I guess being raised in the South makes a difference.  Then, last night I heard these uncommon words escape Natureman's lips... He said he made a mistake.  He did what?  He said he made a mistake.  This statement followed the weatherman's predictions of more exteme cold and an entire week of below zero weather.  

I may still be here tomorrow if my flight is cancelled but if not, I hope the next time you hear from me, I will basking in the sun in short sleeves without my winter jacket, mittens, hat and long underwear.

As beautiful as End of the Rainbow Valley is, I can't wait for this to not be the view out my window tomorrow morning.








1 comment:

  1. You do have a man admitting to making a mistake on tape don't you? That kind of thing doesn't happen too often. Seeing that broken temperature gauge had to be a sign! Good for you for making a break for it.

    ReplyDelete