Friday, September 6, 2013

Cast Off...

You might not have heard but I will be checking off another item on my Bucket List today.  In order to do this Life in the End of the Rainbow Valley will be taking a hiatus as Natureman and I go to continue celebrating not only the Jewish New Year 5774 but specifically his 65th and my future 60th birthdays courtesy of my folks. They have generously gifted us a trip to Alaska via Holland America's ms Westerdam.

Gee I would have gotten older faster had I known such a gift was awaiting... Wink, wink.


In addition to the cruise there are a couple perks as I will be united with a high school buddy Nancy in Seattle who will graciously host and introduce us to her city pre and post the cruise. Then, get this, the cruise is also hosting the International Master Gardener's Conference so there will be garden related topic seminars daily en route besides botanical land excursions. How lucky can a girl get?

Internet connections will not be resumed until our return the 17th. Don't worry until then you can rest assured we will find some sea faring adventures in our time away from the End of the Rainbow Valley

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time! I know we did! And tell Nancy hi. Wish we'd embarked from Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consider it done! You left from Anchorage, right?

      Delete
  2. I am so happy for you - this sounds like an incredible trip! Have fun and we'll all wait with baited breath to hear about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K, Gayle Newton Nicholson may be on that same cruise!

    ReplyDelete