Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Gone Wild

If you leave home for 2 weeks, you will definitely notice differences upon your return especially if you leave the End of the Rainbow Valley in May. When I left, the trees hadn't even budded out. Now the apple trees are in full bloom as is the red bud and the hills are green.


















The Valley's gone WILD.... especially the front flower garden. All I could see were the dandelions!


I knew it would be bad, but not this bad.  A bit of warm weather and lots of rain make a lot of weeds sprout and bloom.    

After 9 hours digging dandelions from the front garden I had filled the cart and the goats were thrilled with their afternoon treat.  Now if I only was done and didn't have to tackle the Creeping Charlie, grasses and brambles out of that same flower garden. Remember a weed is only a plant growing where you don't want it to grow.

Natureman reminded me that I would never lack things to do in my retirement.  And you know what? I  know he's right...


Snack Time
Cart packed with dandelions

1 comment:

  1. I should have had goats at the old house, would have saved a lot of hauling up the hill or in the trailer to the city's compost pile.

    ReplyDelete