Monday, April 8, 2013

Signs...

My favorite sign just appeared on the street corners ' in town'  and then I saw a posting on FB.  It was time...

It was time for the:

 La Crosse Area Hmong Mutual Assistance Association (HMAA) and Hmong Cultural and Community Center (HCCC)  Eggroll  SALE.  AND that's not something you want to miss!




Natureman referred to it as the equivalent to the synagogue's corned beef sandwich sale.  The only difference is at least 50 some volunteers make thousands of eggrolls in for a two day sale 9 am - 6:30 pm at $1.50/eggroll / $15.00/ dozen.

As soon as I received the reminder I forwarded the info to a lot of my in town friends. You not only are getting a treat but helping fund some of their cultural center's programs.  You can pre-order and have your order awaiting your pick up / you can wait as your order is assembled.

You have a choice of either pork or vegetarian eggrolls which come with a hot/sweet 'n sour sauce. The best is to get yours when they are still warm like we did their last sale. We had our lunch of fresh eggrolls right there. How could you wait? This time we arrived after lunch and unfortunately they had run out of sweet sauce. BUMMER.   I do have to admit that the hot sauce had a good kick to it. Ay chihuahua it gave me Angelina Jolie's lips for the rest of the afternoon...

The other thing I can tell you is that they are so good that I awoke the next day craving more eggrolls. I am so glad that we have some stock piled right here in the End of the Rainbow Valley's freezer...

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love their eggrolls - it's the best part of attending the Logan craft show, just to get the egg rolls!

    ReplyDelete