Friday, April 19, 2013

Peepers...

 Earlier this month  I was perusing our home calendar's month's activities and  I came upon this curious entry in Natureman's handwriting...



It might be a bit difficult to decipher but it says " Spring peepers out or else!" I had to laugh because we tend to depend on Nature signals. 

Peepers for those that may have forgotten from previous spring posts are pond frogs whose distinctive croaking  fills spring nights out here in the End of the Rainbow Valley.

 Natureman hasn't had Mother Nature on his side lately but last night  as Natureman brought in another load of firewood to stoke the fire since we are expecting more cold and in between the blustery wind and chime noises there was the faint sound that almost sounded like crickets... Yes, it was the peepers. Little did they know that snow might be their welcome. 

I am still wondering about Natureman's or else?  I guess it's a good thing those peepers arrived in the same week of the prediction... Whew.

1 comment:

  1. I hope if the peepers do come out they are dressed warmly, otherwise they might.....wait for it....croak.

    ReplyDelete