Thursday, April 11, 2013

Can I get out?

Some days are more difficult than others to leave home. You have heard me say that before.  Yesterday I had allowed an extra half an hour in case the roads were a bit rough whether that would be water/mud after an evening of thunder storms and hail.  Round the first bend of the drive was a downed elm. Not a branch but the tree. I really didn't have time to go back and get Natureman with the chainsaw.


So out I had to go in my school clothes and flats, tugging and pulling... heave ho - to move it out of the car's path. Even the broken chunks wouldn't be good to run over. There would be time later on  to make a call once I was closer to town to say, "CHAINSAW" emergency.

As I neared the creek the waters had risen and were overflowing. More rain and snow are anticipated and the cold may mean treacherous roads. Minor flooding is predicted in certain areas tomorrow but future rains may bring serious flooding. OY Mother Nature.


Icy weather's expected  as winter won't let go.  84 inches of snow has stressed our county's highway budget this year.  Luckily there's enough salt to get us through this storm but then early next winter may be a different story financially.

Well, I may need to stay put and not leave the End of the Rainbow Valley any time soon ...
 we shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment