Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Seed Savers...

I didn't tell a fib when I mentioned that were more stories to go with the Disaster striking our household with this scrap booking endeavor...

 I was actually searching for some kite string to tie around the stuffed turkey roll I was making for dinner in addition to needing ribbon to decorate some of the album pages. I went straight to its home in a cabinet drawer in the garage only to find the string  Hmmm, maybe Natureman needed it for a project. But then I discovered the dispenser completely empty.  How could that be? I searched the entire drawer and then there in the back corner of the ribbon box, there was all the kite string all wadded up and frayed. As I lifted the wad all these sunflower seeds started dropping. The wad of string went straight into the garbage and as I took out all the ribbon more and more seeds appeared.    Someone had been very, very busy.



By the time all the ribbon was removed. Look at the haul of seeds. I felt bad removing all the little creature's stash. BUT winter's almost over and there's still the large bag of seed in the same place if he wants more. I just have reclaimed the ribbon drawer. I just had to start spring cleaning in the garage earlier.

And it just goes to show that this city- country mouse shares this space with other country mice and it's not just the scrapbooking process that  keeps creating more work right here in the End of the Rainbow Valley...



No comments:

Post a Comment