Friday, January 18, 2013

Confession Time...and I'm not even Catholic

Last Friday night due to the thick fog, heavy mist and darkness en route back home I pulled off the highway in Eau Claire. It was a smart safe choice and I didn't need to be out on the roads. I was tired and got in my jammies by 5:30.  I have a confession to make - I spent the entire night in the Country Suite Inn ....  Are you ready?

Watching " Say Yes to the Dress. " OMG. I couldn't turn it off.   I watched episode after episode in disbelief as brides to be of all ages spent 1,000's and 1,000's of dollars on dresses that they would wear one day in their lives.

Perhaps this is really what is wrong with us.  I don't even care if people really have enough money to spend some of the astronomical amounts these brides had family members or themselves shell out. $34,000 for a dress?

 Oh wait some girls/women would come in with a monetary figure and say that they wanted '3' dresses. 3 are we totally crazy? /would say it doesn't matter what it costs.                        
Some would have budgets but what budgets!

Feeling like a Princess on your wedding day doesn't mean spending an amount that could feed all the homeless in your hometown. All I know is I would be embarrassed as a relative / friend of these women.

AND if my daughter is reading this and I do assume she would already know that her Mom would have to start the real unpopular show which would be 'Say NO to the Dress.'

If you haven't ever seen this show, here's a link to experience REALITY TV.

Say YES to the Dress Clips...

OH and by the way I'll have you know that I was working on a craft project while watching TV all night long... well what else could I do not being home in the End of the Rainbow Valley?


No comments:

Post a Comment