Friday, December 21, 2012

Serendipity...

Natureman visited the library on Wednesday knowing that we would be needing some entertainment with a blizzard descending upon the area. He returned home with books and 5 movies.  It wasn't serendipity that made him choose 'Dr. Zhivago' since he knew those Siberian like conditions were heading our way.  I guess he wanted to make sure that no matter what happened to us in the Valley, it wouldn't be as bad as living through the Russian Revolution and its winter. How many of you can even remember Dr. Zhivago?  All I could remember that it was the longest movie ever.  Even the intermission didn't help when I saw it at the Heights Theater in Little Rock, Arkansas some 40 + years ago and you know what?  It didn't  seem any shorter this go round either. Well fortunately last night's showing a much different lighter choice, "Serendipity", a cute romantic comedy, with Michael Cusack,  was a welcomed relief after a long day of blizzard like conditions.

Maybe luck / destiny places a greater role in our lives than we wish to believe.  ' Serendipity' brought Natureman and me together. If you don't know our on-line dating story, we met because I  thought that  the area code 608 was for the Madison area for possible matches, not 4 hours across the state. Who knew? But if it wasn't for that unintended mistake, well we never would have met. Gee and I wouldn't be here in the End of the Rainbow Valley with Natureman and all this snow...


Anybody like to share some  other serendipity (a happy accident ) ie: you found something useful that you weren't looking for/expecting ... Please  do share!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm....you are in a blizzard in the middle of no where and it was all due to a wrong number? Very interesting....

    I'm not sure I could sit through Dr Zhivago again, it was very long. You are much more patient than I am.

    Thought of you yesterday - had red curry with chicken until my nose ran and my lips went numb...yum

    ReplyDelete