Friday, December 14, 2012

Life is a Cabaret...

One thing is for certain and that is when you have a university community there is somethng always going on... Tonight 23 UW-L students in Cabaret 2012 , a new class on campus chose songs to bring this cabaret to life and show us what it is like be Twenty Something:Generation Us.

So many enthusiastic young people with beautiful voices chose musical numbers that demonstrated the desire to find love, take a stand, use cool gadgets, and throw parties. And yet realize that the world they knew as children is much different full of struggle, sadness and student debt but not without  Hope, and the promise of tomorrow...

Muiscal Numbers included:

Merrily We Roll Along
A Wild, Wild Party
Good Morning, Good Morning
Java Live
The Art of Speed Dating
Almost Like Being in Love
It's an Art
For Now
My Eyes
Light/ Medley of Hope,
21 Guns
Website Story
Hear My Song
and last but not least, here's a link to the finale...
Twenty Something click for the song (just not the 23 performers we enjoyed)

They got that right you blink and you are no longer twenty something...

1 comment:

  1. So true, time flies by faster than I believe. I still feel like I'm in my thirties but after an hour of pickleball my body reminds me I am twice the woman I used to be and the joints don't care so much for being overly used.

    ReplyDelete