Monday, December 24, 2012

Crust, Crud, Slush, Powder, Ice, Heavy, Wet...


After the unexpected Tuesday snowfall and the near rollover along with weatherman's Wednesday blizzard forecast, it wasn't tough at all to make a conscious decision to stay home. There was no way in God's green earth ok white earth that I was going to get stuck out in more treacherous conditions.  I didn't leave the valley for 3 days and I had a lovely time reading, working on projects and lots of   Scrabble.  It is amazing how observant you become when you limit your day's experience. You see all the dust and spiders's work without even moving from the couch... 

Nature has been much busier than I so I thought I 'd share some of its 'cold' work with you.  Snow can have a variety of design techniques with both inanimate and animate objects... 
Outlining the  door's window 

the snow outlines and even shadows the branches



Snow can change lines...

It can blanket/
 even use a window like a fancy etch a sketch...
 or where there is no snow, birds can line up...







Designs can created within it ...                                                                                                              

So even if you are not able to 'smell the roses '- it's nice to  take time to slow down and enjoy all of the seasonal sights around. For us in the End of the Rainbow Valley this white stuff is going to be around a long, long time. And I have a strong suspicion that there is going to be a lot more to admire.
You can even get  your nose powdered!

2 comments:

  1. Love Romeo's nose with the snow - very cute.
    Even with all those wonderful uses for snow I can't say that I miss it, at least not yet. I'm sure I'll have some kind of nostalgic moment sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen jester- I don't think you need to miss snow... If you need pics .I'll send them your way.

    ReplyDelete