Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bucket List...

I don't know how many of you saw the 2008 movie " The Bucket List" with Jack Nicolson and Morgan Freeman where the two set out on a road trip with a wish list of things to do before they die/ as the proverbial saying goes ' kick the bucket.'  Well after seeing that movie, I decided I needed to make my own list just for the heck of it. AND guess I get to mark another item off my bucket list... no, it's not the Alaskan sea faring ship although in a way it has to do with the high sea/ C.  I have been cast as one of the six women starring in a dramatic comedy, Pirates of Chemotherapy , a breast cancer fundraiser. I am super excited to be chosen to be part of this venture.

It's a real good thing my acting resume wasn't required but hey, aren't all teachers actors?  As the saying goes " All the world's a stage."  And the director told us we would be starting on 'character development.'  I'm thinking better not wait any longer on that one since I am not getting any younger.

So here's the deal- We will be performing in a 600 seat theatre and want to fill those seats as all the ticket sales go to the Vinger Breast Cancer Center at Gundersen-Lutheran. The playwright only charges $10.00 / show so that all rest of the money can go to the cause.
As my friend Cyndy stated so well, "a star is born!"
SO mateys and all your crews, mark your calendars for February 8, 9 and 10th. In the meanwhile we'll see how well the memory works as I set about memorizing lines. AND heck if you can't come, just send the $ since you know the need ... Unfortunately all of us have been touched by Cancer.http://www.piratesofthechemotherapy.com/about/

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! Be sure to post the play on Facebook to let others know. I'm sure Marti would want to attend, but she'll be in Las Vegas during that time. It's a good cause and would be lovely to see that disease eradicated during my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete