Friday, November 2, 2012

Memories are fading for some more than others...

An email arrived yesterday from the daughter asking me to find some particular photos from a past family trip.  I didn't quite go into panic mode but have to confess that there is more than one box of photos that haven't made it into albums... Oh dear. please don't let what she wants be in those!

The request came due to the fact that she is teaching Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" this quarter and thought her students would get a kick out of seeing Hannibal, Missouri when the story took place and where Becky Thatcher and Huck Finn lived in addition to that fence that Huck conned others into helping him paint...

That's my youngest, her brother Boo reenacting the painting up in the left corner and child actors Becky and Huck with Lori on the right...
Well, I can imagine her classes'  delight as I found the desired photos taken in the album from 1992, twenty years ago making their teacher 10 years old. Notice the yellowing of the pages demanding another project of moving these pics onto an archival paper album... Sorry for digressing! Anyhow, I don't know where the time has gone! Do you? They grow up so fast. How did she even remember that I had these pics?

As the Chinese proverb says "Time flies like the arrow." 


No comments:

Post a Comment