Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sock It to Me...

I love socks...
the funkier the better and in the winter, the warmer the better. This is my newest pair of socks that I received by default. Hey, but I don't mind because they were hand knit, finished by my 'newest' friend while we were up in the Northwoods as they were meant for the hostess who fortunately admitted that she wouldn't really wear them... so I inherited these woolen beauties. Don't my tootsies look happy resting after a very busy month? The temps have dropped but I don't have cold feet.

It may look silly but I have a sock caddy in the closet so I can see my choices after deciding what outfit I will pick out for the day. You thought I was kidding, right? Single socks get their own drawer and when their companion's found can be added to the sock caddy. Where do their matches hang out? I even bought socks that come as 3 so if you lose one, you still have a pair. They are color coordinated, just not identical. How smart is that? Mix and match socks. I guess it's obvious from this pic that some re-organization is needed as I usually do a better job of sorting by colors. Oh well, I'll put that on my list of things to do for the boring winter days in the End of the Rainbow Valley...

Meanwhile, here are some of my faves... In case you ever receive some socks that are just not you,they're probably me!


Doesn't everybody's outfit need a element of surprise?





2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a sock caddy! That's something I could use where drawer space is at a premium. Of course I don't have as many cool socks as you do, and often they are not needed down here...but they are sure nice on a cool morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they look really good on you! Those socks deserve to live with a sock collector. Ciao from Rome where it is still summer, not wool sock weather.

    ReplyDelete