Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Norske Nook



No, not nookie… nook as in corner/ pertaining to things Norwegian.

This weekend I was introduced to Norske Nook, which is a restaurant known for its homemade food. Wraps are in homemade "lefse," the traditional Norwegian 'tortilla'. BUT what Norske Nook is really known for its 29 blue ribbon award winning pies.


Take a look a look at the meringue on these two freshly made pies. I have never in my life seen so much meringue on any one pie. Holy Toledo. Can people really eat lunch and then an entire piece of pie?


Now I understand why you are greeted with this t-shirt upon entering the premises.



Then in the rotating pastry case you are faced with the dilemma of which pie to choose.

Can you blame me for needing to visit the original Norske Nook in Osseo and sample another pie?

The original storefront is actually across the street. My assumption is that more space was needed necessitating the move. It's a hot spot not only for the locals, nearby Eau Claire folks (a half an hour away) and big city travellers from the Twin Cities and Chicago.

Are you are curious as to which 2 pies I tried? WELL In Rice Lake I tried a 'fresh out of the oven' Double Crust Peach pie and in Osseo it was the Raspberry Sour Cream pie. They were both scrumptious. En route farther North to see the waterfalls was a sign that read 'Hayward' where another Norske Nook is located...that will obviously have to be for another adventure as for right now, I am just plum full of pie...

Exercise here I come….

1 comment:

  1. Sigh....and here I am at McDonalds for the wi-fi. The pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete