Monday, September 24, 2012

A BiG SHOUT OUT...

OK now usually we think of the women as being the nuturers but I have to give a big shout out to my male hosts during my recent trip to Arkansas. Due to my folks' new sleep patterns, I stayed with others. We could call it 'Couchsurfing' with people you know. They were all so kind and gracious to house me, the Zombie, after long days at my folks' home helping declutter.

My overnights were divided into 3 homestays. The first was with my highschool friend Chris and her husband Jim. Jim would graciously hand me a glass of wine as I plopped down on the sofa. I slept really well... Thank you Jim. 5 * rating.

The next great lodging was provided by my Scout buddie Lou Ann and her hubbie Troy. Troy 's booming voice would fill the early morning hours as he'd yell from the hallway " Let's get a movin' Ladies, breakfast is being served." He'd hand over a cup of coffee as I descended onto the breakfast bar stool. 5 * rating.

My third homestay was at my brother's whose house was occupied earlier in the week with my brother Keith and one of his boys, Noah and my two kids, Lori and Steven. I descended upon Leawood when Lori left on Thursday. In between lots of schlepping to Becky's tennis games Marc provided lots of sustenance. They have stuff I never get at home- 5 * ( great junk food too.)

Then there's the man who has even a bigger job now having to become the main nuturer for my Mom with her limited vision, my Dad. They will celebrate 60 years of marriage this December and he has had to take on a lot of new responsibilities.

To all the women of these households, Chris, Lou Ann, Terri and Mom, you have all chosen wisely. I also am grateful to return home to the Valley and have my nuturing Natureman awaiting me.

I guess you could say that "We've come a long way Baby..."

3 comments:

  1. It's so good to have friends with couches that will feed you and give you wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are once again oh so right Queen Jester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, today is the first time I've read your blog since your visit. I really enjoyed the chance to visit. Hope all is continuing well with your mom and dad. Troy is in the deer/hog woods but I can't wait for him to see he made your blog. We also enjoyed the wine. You are welcome anytime.

    ReplyDelete