Thursday, August 23, 2012

Artsy Fartsy Promoted...

I have had this outstanding invite for the oldest granddaughter to come out for art projects for the summer and she finally took me up on it. So we made the most of the day making it an 'ART' day.

Our first project started with a collection of garden and meadow flowers to make a bouquet. Planning included discussing 'Design' re: number, color, texture and height were discussed before we headed out into the flower beds. I was the officially flower holder until the collection was complete. I wasn't sure everything was going to fit into the mason jar vase. The bouquet provided not only a variety of all the design elements but also a luscious aroma. Heck I think she picked at least one of everything.

Step two involved the guest artist photographing the arrangement and after 20 snapshots, the pics were edited by cropping and discarding unwanted pics until she reached a top 5. She was a super quick learner at a not so easy task as we collaborated.

BUT it was time for lunch and fortunately Natureman was on top of it. While we were creating so was he and we enjoyed fresh 'mater slices in our BLT's(turkey bacon, of course) with that cucumber concoction disaster from the other day that ended up aging quite well, chips and grapes. Birthday chocolate pie was for dessert. Fed. Next was a quick fashion show.
When I was in Little Rock, I had to visit a children's shop where I had outfitted my kids when they were little. The only thing that caught my eye for a great little dress for the artist of Sam's family, so we decided with a pair of leggings it would be perfect. Besides we have to have the artsy look, right? BUT no she can't wear my mule heels at age 10.

Time to continue the project so we printed off the flower prints and made them into greeting cards.
This process involved trimming, gluing and handwriting handmade on the backs... We even got a get well card in the mail by the end of the day to her Great Grandma.

"What's next?" she asked. Oh ok, time to take a break from card making, we went back outside this time to start a spray paint project with a wire brush, small brush, newspaper and paints to repaint the antique garden end tables.

The guest artist chose to use yellow, red and orange as our color scheme. Notice the kidney shaped table she's sitting on also got a new topcoat and it will be finished another day. The sky darkened and started spitting on us as we finished just in time to return to the card making.

Different techniques made each piece original. Time for a snack break. Boy the grapes are great this time of year. A quick glue job on the last 2 cards and it was time for the Art Camp to come to an end. Gee, it was already 5 o'clock.Where did the time go?

I think we made up for some of the missed summer art days... don't you?

All I know was that I was exhausted... LOL.




1 comment:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading it! Where do you get your energy?

    ReplyDelete