Monday, July 9, 2012

Down the the Mississippi

This morning I found myself at the Mississippi waters but much farther south than my usual western Wisconsin waters as I am in Little Rock, Arkansas, my childhood home where the Mississippi and Arkansas waters mix.



In many regards the topography is very similar. The bluffs in addition to the waters look very familiar. BUT there is something new that my folks wanted to show me and it is indeed a very nice addition. Since my last visit down South a new bridge, The Bridge of Two Rivers has been built enabling pedestrians and cyclists to cross to paths that go all the way to Pinnacle Mountain westward.


We arrived as the sun was rising to 'beat the heat' only to encounter a full parking lot as we weren’t the only ones with that ‘brilliant’ idea. Fishermen were already out on the waters where the Arkansas and Mississippi waters meet in addition to the health aficionados.


A garden path has recently been completed which also enables disabled access to the riverside paths. There is a wonderful metal sculpture of the Arkansas River and its points of interest that span the trails.

Benches and picnic tables have been placed to allow views of the rivers’s scenic splendor



I know that I will be returning to enjoy the paths and some time to just sit and watch those familiar waters go by...


2 comments:

  1. Now you can see where we often ride! Welcome home, it is a beautiful place to be!

    ReplyDelete