Wednesday, June 20, 2012

10 Years with Natureman...

10 years… It’s been 10 years since Irv and I had our first date. Many may know this story but what are anniversaries for if not for reminiscing? How would a guy who lives in the middle of nowhere across the state of Wisconsin meet a city girl like me? Well the computer of course! We met on J-date, a Jewish dating service and as they say, the rest is history. We were even chosen as one of J-dates success stories. We joke and say we were their senior citizen poster children. Here we're on a billboard on Times Square... So reverse time where ten years ago I found myself back in the dating world after 25 years of marriage. At the time I lived in Milwaukee and was dating mostly guys from Chicago. One day it occurred to me that if I could date men one hour south , why not type in the area code 608 for Madison, one hour westward. Little did I know that 608 goes all the way to the western border of Wisconsin. I started corresponding with Natureman, (I named all of my dates : Golfer boy, Pet Food Boy, Biker boy, Skateboard boy etc.. You’d think I would have known right then that Natureman was the only MAN for me.) Any how, after a month of writing and calls, we decided to meet… I still hadn’t looked up where Chaseburg was as I figured it was just outside Madison like Janesville. Well Natureman suggested the Crane Foundation as a halfway point and that was 2 hours from me. How can that be halfway? I’m thinking this guy has a lot of nerve making me drive 2 hours - besides I envisioned this locale in the middle of nowhere. Then he suggested meeting at a Madison bookstore and we would go on a bike ride. OK, that was closer… It had to be the hottest day of the year just like yesterday and 20 minutes into the ride, I am soaked in perspiration. Nice look for a first date. ☺ Natureman suggested a rest and perhaps something to drink…

Out of his backpack he pulls a chilled bottle of bubbly and wrapped up very carefully 2 champagne flutes… We celebrate each year with the bubbly and the flutes. Well, that first date lasted 6 hours and the romance has never stopped. He’s the one who lights candles every night at the dinner table, brings strawberries and chocolate on picnics as we enjoy our homegrown food in our meals…



 I can’t think of anybody else that I would like to spend my golden years as we face Mother Nature, health issues and whatever else life sends our way… He‘s my Natureman right here in the End of the Rainbow Valley

5 comments:

  1. Have a great trip....the goats...are in "safe" hands...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second time reading even better. I hope you feel joy for the time you had with Irv. It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your love story! You had it all. Sorry it ended so soon!

    ReplyDelete